Homemade Paleo + Vegan Twix Bars
Make Your Own Twix Candy Bars, Free From Dairy, Refined Sugar and Grains. Vegan + Paleo Friendly.
MAKE YOUR OWN HEALTHY TWIX BARS, WITH A CLASSIC "SHORTBREAD" CRUST, OOEY GOOEY CARAMEL FILLING AND A CREAMY CHOCOLATE TOPPING. A PERFECT HOMEMADE CANDY BAR COPYCAT, WITHOUT THE JUNK!
Hello, friends! I'm going to be honest and tell you right now that I don't have a lot to say this jolly Friday morning. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I save most of the ranting and talking for there.
Anyway, I wanted to hop on here and share a new recipe with you. Trust me, this is a good one. I don't remember even being a huge fan of Twix bars as a child, but I can tell you now, I'm a huge fan of these guys.
With minimal ingredients, no nasty stuff, and no fancy equipment needed, these are the perfect yummy to keep in your fridge this weekend. Don't be intimidated by the three beautiful layers of deliciousness that these bars are. They are actually extremely simple to make and take minimal time (so you can tuck in right away).
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Paleo Twix Bars
(Makes 8-10 twix bars)
For the cookie base:
⅔ cup coconut flour or nut flour blend
2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
⅓ cup coconut oil
For the caramel:
½ cup creamy nut butter (I used salted walnut butter)
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the chocolate:
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1) Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease an 8x8” square pan with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl mix coconut flour and maple syrup and stir until fully combined.
3) Add hard coconut oil and use your hands to form a dough. Press the dough into the bottom of prepared pan and smooth over.
4) Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. Set aside and let cool completely (you may want to pop it in the fridge while you make the caramel).
5) For the caramel, heat until all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan until melted. Pour caramel over the cookie layer and put back in the fridge.
6) For the chocolate topping, whisk together all of the ingredients and pour over the cooled caramel layer.
7) Let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until set. Slice into thin "twix" looking rectangles. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Paleo)
Grain-free, Paleo Friendly Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Snowballs/ Russian Tea Cakes. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!