Paleo Vanilla Celebration Cake
A delicious, flavorful paleo vanilla sponge cake with dairy-free frosting. Perfect for birthdays and special occasions!
Hello, hello! Today I'm bringing you a recipe that makes me excited for several reasons...
1) I used to hate vanilla cake. If you know me, you know I'm a chocolate girl through and through. Vanilla to me has always meant bland and pretty flavorless, until this beauty was created. The fresh vanilla pod paired with the organic vanilla extract, with a little honey mixed in there, is a delightful combination. The mountains of vanilla frosting probably helps a little too.
2) It was made for a very special occasion- to celebrate my besties engagement! I was secretly planning a party with her lovely fiance and her sweet sis and we pulled it off! The evening was so special, I was able to connect with old friends, AND everyone tucked into my paleo cupcakes, vegan cookies, and this vanilla cake with zero complaints. Win, win.
3) It's probably the prettiest thing I've made. I come from a family of very talented artists and my mum and I have always joked about how that artistic gene didn't quite reach us. In fact, I was specifically told not to opt for the art elective in high school as I "may struggle to get a good grade". Well, I dedicate this one to my old art teacher because this cake is actually not too shabby looking. The frosting makes for easy piping and the "naked" side look is surprisingly easy to master. If I can do it, you can too!
For your next special event, birthday, or other celebration, don't pass on this delicious and flavorful celebration cake!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Vanilla Celebration Cake
4 organic eggs
4 tablespoons raw honey
5 tablespoons coconut flour
5 tablespoons almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
seeds from one vanilla pod
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or coconut oil, softened or room temperature.
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw honey
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
1) Start by making the sponge cake. Preheat the oven to 350F and line two 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper, or grease with coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl, cream the eggs with honey until smooth.
3) Add pinch of salt, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder and seeds from vanilla pod and mix until combined and no lumps.
4) Divide the mixture between prepared pans and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Remove cakes from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
5) Meanwhile, make your frosting. Add butter, honey and vanilla to the bowl and mix on low speed until the butter starts to soften. Increase speed and whip until creamed and it begins to have a lighter white color, about 1 minute. Stop mixer and scrape down frosting with a spatula.
6) When cakes are cooled, add frosting to the top of one of the sponge cakes. Place the other sponge cake on top. Frost the entire cake and sides with the remaining vanilla frosting. If you want a fancy design, make additional frosting and use a piping bag to pipe a design on top!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.