Paleo + Vegan Protein Balls
Paleo, Vegan, and Keto Friendly Protein Balls made with Minimal Ingredients + High Quality Protein Powder! Our Favorite Energy Boosting Snack.
Good morning everyone! Happy Tuesday. Let's dive right in to this new and frankly rather exciting recipe.
These little protein balls are a new favorite in the Yon family house. With an ever growing schedule for both Max and I, we are finding ourselves needing to pack more and more "snack" foods when we leave in the morning. Thankfully there are some great real food, organic snacks on the market now but it's getting them and paying for them that's my issue. The really good stuff is expensive when you get through multiple each day.
I know I needed to create something portable, affordable and packed with both healthy fats (to keep me full) and high-quality protein (especially post barre).
HALLELUJAH for these protein bites!
I know there are a billion other protein ball recipes out there but few have no refined carbohydrates, minimal ingredients, and no added sugars like these guys.
PROTEIN POWDER SITUATION
I have never been the biggest fan of protein powders due to the fact that so many of them contain added artificial ingredients and are poorly sourced. Recently, I discovered a fabulous company: Ground Based Nutrition.
From the company website:
"Our products are formulated with 100% natural organic ingredients. We use no artificial sweeteners, colors, dyes, additives, or man-made synthetic chemicals. We believe that all-natural and organic food supplements can improve the quality of one's life. From choice of ingredients through manufacture, our high standards ensure nutritional supplements that help you achieve optimum health."
Not only is the quality exceptional but their products taste delicious! You don't get that nasty chalky taste and texture with the protein powders or the overly sweet artificial flavor. They have vegan, paleo, and ketogenic options for protein, as well as an entire sports range featuring natural pre-workout!
ANYWAY.... THE DEETS ON THESE PROTEIN BALLS
- Please use a GOOD protein powder like the company above! One you know and trust with no added junk. These contain so much goodness- let's keep them that way!
- Feel free to use any nut butter you want here. My fave is cashew but I secretly love these with organic sprouted peanut butter (I know, I know, not paleo).
- If you are omitting the sweetener altogether or modifying the recipe to reduce the honey or maple syrup that's totally fine. In fact, I do this often. Just be sure to add a little extra nut butter to ensure that the balls really glue together.
- I love keeping these in the freezer. They last longer and taste better in my opinion. The fridge works too though!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
(Makes 20-25 balls)
one 12 oz. jar of nut butter
1/4 cup protein powder (I use Ground Based Nutrition)
1/3 cup hemp seeds
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice (omit for RESTART)
1) Combine all of your ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix using your hands to firm the mixture into a dough.
2) Roll a tablespoon of dough into a small ball. Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
3) Place the protein balls in the freezer to set. You can store them in the fridge or the freezer! I personally love these straight from the freezer (they also last longer- around 3 months there).
*If you are omitting the sweetener altogether, increase the nut butter quantity by 3 tablespoons and ensure it is melted slightly before mixing. Feel free to also decrease the amount of sweetener used, and if necessary, increase nut butter*
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.