Paleo Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Casserole
A delicious paleo + keto friendly casserole made with spaghetti squash and all of your breakfast favorites.
Hello, hello! I hope everyone is off to a great start to the week. Yesterday was BUSY for me, and I'm sure today will be the same. With the wedding coming up in just a month, two conference talks in the next two weeks, and creating content, I am packed out. I worked intensely from 8am to around 5pm and was EXHAUSTED. Cooking is my happy time so I stopped, took a deep breath, and made this delicious breakfast casserole for dinner. It made my day.
The beauty of this casserole is that technically, I think it's meant for breakfast but it also makes for a fabulous lunch, or a hearty dinner when paired with a big salad or some sautéed veggies. It's versatile, simple, and delicious. Feel free to add additional or alternative seasonings, meats, or vegetables. I chose the basics here because I was craving simplicity. Enjoy.
Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Casserole
1 large spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
8 ounces mushrooms
8 ounces bacon, nitrate free, no sugar added
6 organic sausages, chopped into rounds
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup mini tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped green onions
10 large organic eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 425F. Place spaghetti squash on a baking tray.
2) Bake your squash for 40 minutes or until soft. Let cool.
3) Meanwhile, add cooking oil of choice into a large pan. Add sliced mushrooms, bacon, chopped sausage, minced garlic and seasoning and saute until meat is cooked through. Set aside.
4) Cut your cooked spaghetti squash in half (it should be easy and glide straight through- best hack ever!) Using a fork, scrape out the seeds and shred the remaining squash. Place squash "noodles" into a casserole dish. You can discard of the seeds or roast them later on for a great snack!
5) Whisk eggs and add to the squash dish, mixing to combine.
6) Add chopped tomatoes and onions, as well as the cooked mushroom and meat mixture into the dish. Stir to combine.
7) Sprinkle some extra seasoning over the top of the casserole. I also love adding some dairy-free or raw cheese on top here!
8) Reduce oven to 350F and bake for an hour. Remove from the oven when everything has baked through. Serve and enjoy.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Paleo)
Grain-free, Paleo Friendly Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Snowballs/ Russian Tea Cakes. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!