Gut-Healing Pot Roast
A hearty chuck roast on top of a bed of organic root vegetables and cooked in an aromatic, gut-healing bone broth. Paleo/Keto friendly. Oven cooked.
One of Max’s all time favorites: a hearty pot roast. We don’t have a slow cooker so this recipe is a chuck roast made the old fashioned way- in the oven! You will love how tender and juicy this meat is. After a long, slow cooking in the aromatic liquid, the roast emerges flavorful and fork-tender. It truly does melt in your mouth.
We love to pair this dish with roasted root vegetables and sautéed leafy greens in a garlic Ghee. And of course, copious amounts of gut-healing, bone broth gravy poured on top of it all.
**The quality of meat you buy hugely affects not only nutritional value, but how delicious the meat will be when it comes out of the oven. Look for grass-fed, organic chucks with great marbling and you should be good to go!**
Pot Roast (Paleo, Keto)
1 4 lb. chuck roast, high-quality and boneless
6 large carrots
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon tomato paste
5 cups organic bone broth
2 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons EVOO
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, or Ghee
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F and move oven racks to the bottom.
- Season chuck roast generously with sea salt.
- Over a high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large dutch oven pan. When hot, add chuck roast to the pan and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- Finely chop carrots and add them to the dutch oven along with the garlic, tomato paste and half of the beef broth.
- Place the meat on top of the carrots. Add onions (cut into quarters), herbs and seasonings to the pan. Pour in the remaining bone broth.
- Place the dutch oven, with the lid on, in the oven for 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Remove chuck roast from the oven. Serve alongside the carrots and onions, and pour the bone broth gravy from the bottom of the pan over each plate. We also roasted some sweet potatoes and beets, and sautéed some mixed leafy greens in ghee and garlic to accompany the meat.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Paleo)
Grain-free, Paleo Friendly Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Snowballs/ Russian Tea Cakes. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!