Raw Raspberry Cheesecake (Paleo, Vegan)
The most delicious raw raspberry cheesecake with minimal ingredients. Paleo and Vegan friendly!
This Raw Raspberry Cheesecake is one of the best raw desserts I’ve made so far. It's healthy, and it’s very easy to prepare. The majority of the flavor comes from the homemade raspberry coulis, which can be made with fresh or frozen organic raspberries, making this a perfect dessert even when raspberries are not in season.
Do you want to know something crazy? I used to fear fruit. UGH! I am so mad at myself.
In case you are also a little apprehensive of consuming these nutrient dense, delicious + NATURAL foods, here are a handful of reasons to convince you that fruit is fab and not scary:
- Fruits have more polyphenols than veggies.
Polyphenols are plant compounds that have strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Polyphenols influence gene expression in a way that suppresses inflammation in the body. This epigenetic action seems to play a key role in polyphenols ability to prevent diseases like cancer, neurological disorders and cardiovascular diseases. Polyphenols also have anti-microbial properties that can help us fight off infections.
- The fibers and prebiotic action of fruits help support your microbiome.
Fruits are abundant in soluble fibers that will foster the health of your gut. The fermentation of soluble fibers by beneficial bacteria in the gut creates short-chain fatty acids – like butyrate – that are the preferred fuel of the cells lining the colon. The synergy of the prebiotic selectivity and the fuel provided by the soluble fiber in fruit make them powerful and positive influences on the microbiome.
- Fruit is a nutrient dense, portable carbohydrate source.
Fruits are a great source of HEALTHY carbohydrates to fuel our bodies while also providing us with more vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals than most other complex carbohydrate sources.
So, if you needed an excuse to make this healthy raspberry cheesecake, there you have it! Fruit filled and delicious, this is a PERFECT treat on a hot summer's day. As it needs several hours to truly freeze, I recommend making this dessert a day in advance to enjoy it at it's best!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups almond flour
zest of 1 lemon
1/8 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup, raw honey, or sweetener of choice
2 1/2 cups cashew nuts soaked and sprouted
4 tablespoons filtered water
3 cups organic raspberries
1/2 cup maple syrup, raw honey, or sweetener of choice
1) Lightly grease the bottom of a cake pan with coconut oil.
2) In a medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix well.
3) Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the cake pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, make your creamy layer by blending the organic raspberries until pureed. Sieve raspberries to remove seeds. Set aside.
5) Now blend the soaked cashew nuts until completely smooth (cashew butter texture). Add the raspberry puree, water, and the sweetener and blend until everything is well-combined.
6) Pour the raspberry cashew cream onto the almond crust and smooth out the top. Top with fresh berries or a little lemon zest, and allow to set in a freezer overnight.
7) Remove from the freezer, slice and serve! Store in the fridge.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Raspberry Chocolate Brownies (Paleo)
Truly delicious paleo raspberry chocolate fudge brownies. Easy to make with only the best ingredients. These make a wonderful Valentine's Day dessert!
Practical Tips for Picky Eaters
Maybe you struggle with certain foods, or maybe you have a picky eater in your house. Try some of these practical tips to finding food freedom!