Rocky Road Bars (Gluten-Free)
A healthier take on the delicious, easy to make fridge cake. Packed with gooey marshmallows, creamy chocolate and chopped nuts for added crunch.
This dessert is one of my favorites. When you think of rocky road, you may think of chunky ice-cream, but in England, rocky road is a scrumptious, easy to make fridge cake packed with delicious ingredients.
There are lots of variations of the rocky road recipe. Marshmallows and cookies are the go-to ingredients in all of them, but some people choose to use different nuts or berries. This is my favorite combination, and I think they work best with the “healthier” theme of these chocolatey squares.
Store these in the fridge, and grab at tea-time or after dinner for a delicious treat!
12 oz. 100% dark chocolate
1 cup raw honey
3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted.
2 cups BGW cookies, crushed.
1 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup no sugar added raisins or cranberries
½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
½ cup marshmallows (homemade, or a vegan/sugar-free brand!)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, crush the cookies into small pieces so that they are almost crumbs. Add the pecan pieces and berries.
- Over a low heat, melt your dark chocolate in a large saucepan until smooth and creamy.
- Add the honey and melted coconut oil to the mixture and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and stir until the cookie mixture is fully coated in chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and press to ensure the mixture is firm and even.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the top and freeze for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Cut into slices and serve. Keep in the fridge.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.