Salmon Cakes (Paleo, Keto)
Get your Omega-3's in with this healthy, Paleo, Keto, RESTART friendly salmon cake recipe. Made with wild-caught salmon, kale, bell pepper and more!
Looking for a simple, but healthy salmon recipe? Here it is!
These fish patties are made with fresh, wild-caught salmon, kale, bell pepper, and other delicious flavors. It makes for a perfect weeknight meal and is especially great for families on a tighter budget (who doesn't appreciate an affordable meal, right?!). The addition of the almond flour and eggs make the portion of salmon go a long way. You can feed your entire family AND have leftovers for lunch the following day, all with 1 lb. of fresh salmon. I've seen recipes that call for canned salmon but although this recipe would work with canned fish, I much prefer to keep things as fresh as possible for taste and health reasons.
I like to serve these salmon cakes over mixed greens with some homemade tartare sauce on the side but they would also taste great in between homemade buns or with some roasted sweet potato wedges. Getting your Omega-3's in is easy with this recipe on hand! Enjoy!
Makes 8-10 small patties
1 lb. wild-caught, fresh salmon
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, or cooking oil of choice
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup spinach
2 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 cup almond flour (or 1/4 cup coconut flour)
3 tablespoon homemade mayo (or Primal Kitchen's is a great option)
1/3 cup fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1/4 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 425F and lightly grease a baking tray.
2) Season the salmon fillets, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
3) Remove salmon from the oven and allow to cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4) In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or cooking oil of choice and saute diced onion and bell pepper until softened. Add spinach and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5) Using your hands, break up salmon fillets into small flakes and place in a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients, including the vegetables in the pan, and mix together thoroughly.
6) Form small patties with the salmon mixture and place aside.
7) In the skillet, melt 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or cooking oil on a high heat. Drop the patties into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
Serve and enjoy!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.