Sheet Pan Chicken + Fiesta Veggies
Easy + Super Healthy Sheet Pan Chicken and Fiesta Veggies. Paleo, Keto, Delicious!
Happy Tuesday, friends! Although Tuesday is typically "Taco Tuesday" in our home, today I'm sharing with you an easy sheet pan chicken and veggies dinner with even more flavor. than your typical taco. The fiesta-inspired seasoning transforms a seemingly bland combination of ingredients into something spectacular.
Last night, Max and I went to our Bible study small group's pot luck. It was Mexican themed and our other friends were bringing shredded chicken quesadillas, tortilla chips and salsa, fresh guacamole, cookies, and an array of drinks.
If only I could eat those things! Those of you with food allergies or dietary restrictions will feel my pain and awkwardness when it comes to pot lucks. As much as I adore sharing dishes with friends, it's always a struggle to find things I can actually eat and enjoy without feeling icky. This sheet pan chicken and veggie recipe makes for the perfect sharing dish. It's gluten and dairy free, allergen friendly and so delicious that even the pickiest of eaters will tuck in. My small group friends loved it! In fact, we came home with an empty skillet (easier to transport than the sheet pan).
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SUPER SIMPLE, SUPER HEALTHY SHEET PAN DISH
- Slice your chicken and veggies about the same thickness to ensure everything is done at the same time. This also makes it more visually appealing!
- Use the convection feature on your oven if you have it, it will brown the veggies nicely.
- Use the largest sheet pan you can find. If you don't have one, a large cast iron skillet in the oven will work just as well.
- Optional toppings include sliced avocado, cilantro, chopped red onion, baked tomatoes, and dairy-free cheese.
- Serve as is, or if you fancy you can pack this mixture into some grain-free tortillas. My fave brand is Siete!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Sheet Pan Chicken + Fiesta Veggies
1 1/2 lbs organic chicken breasts, sliced into strips
4 cups bell peppers, mixed colors
1 onion, sliced
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 small pinch of cayenne pepper
sea salt + pepper to taste
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1) Combine avocado oil, chili powder, oregano, garlic, onion, cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add sliced chicken, bell peppers, and onion. Stir to mix so that the vegetables and chicken are fully coated in seasoning. Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes (or longer) to marinate.
2) Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking tray.
3) Spread chicken and vegetable mixture onto the tray and roast for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
4) Remove from the oven and pour fresh lime juice evenly over the baked chicken and veggies. Sprinkle with cilantro for added flavor! Serve as is, over cauliflower rice, or in grain-free tortillas.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Paleo)
Grain-free, Paleo Friendly Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Snowballs/ Russian Tea Cakes. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!