Snickers Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
I love Snickers bars, but I don't love the way they make me feel. Make these delicious, better for you candy bars at home and enjoy them guilt-free!
When I think of Snickers bars, I think of my childhood. I used to swim competitively, and I always used to sneak a Snickers bar after an evening of hard training as a well-deserved treat. With corn syrup, truckloads of sugar and partially hydrogenated soybean oil, it's not as appealing as it used to be. 22g of sugar and more ingredients per bar than I can count on two hands just isn’t worth it.
I had completely forgotten about these homemade snickers bars until I decided to make them at 9pm a few nights ago... perhaps not the best idea.
Along with being refined sugar free & all the yucky fake stuff free, dairy-free, etc etc, they are also PEANUT free. Even though I love love love peanut butter with a passion, I try to avoid it as much as possible because....
- Peanuts are high in omega-6s, distorting the Omega 3:6 ratio & leading to inflammation.
- Peanuts are contaminated with a carcinogenic mould, Aflatoxin
- Unless organic (& sometimes even then), peanuts are one of the most pesticide contaminated crops.
Thankfully, there are lots of delicious alternatives. Check out Austin local brand Fervor Nut Butters for pretty much every & any delicious spread you would ever need.
These are so good there are no words. Treat yourself to a weekend yummy- you deserve it!
Homemade Snickers Bars
1 cup creamy almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 Tablespoons coconut flour
20 Medjool dates
1/2 cup water
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup pecan pieces
2 cups organic dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1) In a food mixer, combine your almond butter, coconut flour, and maple syrup until smooth.
2) Press the "dough" onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with coconut oil. Make sure your crust layer is thin and even before placing in the freezer.
3) Prepare your caramel filling by blending dates, salt, coconut oil and water in a food processor. Mix until smooth and creamy.
4) Remove crust from the freezer and spread your "caramel" over the bottom layer. Place back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5) For the chocolate topping, melt your chocolate and coconut oil in a large bowl over heat.
6) Remove the bars from the freezer and coat the chocolate generously over the top.
7) Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes, cut and serve!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.