Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole (Paleo, Low-Carb)
This paleo pizza casserole will hit the spot. Enjoy the taste of pizza without the high-carbs, hydrogenated oils and other junk. Yum!
This week I'm in Del Rio with Max as we plan the wedding, and figure out the purchase of our future home. We went grocery shopping on Sunday evening with the goal of buying a week's worth of organic groceries for under $80. We did it! Part of the reason for our success was this pizza casserole.
This recipe makes a large dish of casserole that will last you 3-4 meals and all of the ingredients combined cost under $15. It's full of proteins and healthy fats, fills you up, and tastes so delicious that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy it!
1 large spaghetti squash
3 organic eggs
1 jar of organic tomato sauce (no added sugar)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup italian sausage meat
1/4 cup pepperoni (no nitrates, no added sugar)
seasoning of choice
optional: grass-fed cheese, raw.
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Cut your spaghetti squash down the middle and place on a baking tray.
2) Bake your squash, face down for 30-40 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, add grass-fed butter or oil into a large pan. Add sliced mushrooms, italian sausage meat, minced garlic and seasoning and saute until meat is cooked through. Set aside.
4) Remove spaghetti squash from the oven. Using a fork, scrape out the seeds and shred the remaining squash. Place squash "noodles" into a casserole dish. You can discard of the seeds or roast them later on for a great snack!
5) Whisk eggs and add to the squash dish, mixing to combine.
6) Add tomato sauce, sliced mushrooms, sausage, garlic and seasoning to the casserole dish. Mix.
7) Lay out pepperoni slices on top of the squash. You can also add raw, grass-fed grated cheese here too.
8) Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake for an hour.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Matcha Collagen Latte
A high-protein, paleo friendly matcha latte made with collagen protein and minimal ingredients. Delicious + frothy! No fancy equipment required.
Teriyaki Almond Butter Salmon (Paleo)
Deliciously simple teriyaki almond butter sauce drizzled over wild-caught salmon. Paleo, Ketogenic and RESTART approved.