Sticky Toffee Loaf Cake (AIP)
A deliciously moist toffee studded loaf cake topped with a fabulous caramel coconut glaze. Paleo + AIP friendly. Scrumptious!
I'm not sure what it is about toffee and caramel flavors that make me go weak at the knees, but I know I'm not alone in it. There are mountains of recipes on the internet boasting rich butterscotch flavors in some sort of fashion. Add a pinch of sea salt on top and it's game over.
This sticky toffee loaf cake is one of the most-loved recipes I have ever shared with my friends and family and a highly requested cake I get asked to bake. It’s tremendously sweet, sticky, and moist. Unlike other sticky toffee puddings, this one has no refined sugars such as your white sugar or golden syrup and is instead sweetened with coconut palm sugar and the fabulous Manuka honey (so many nutritional benefits).
This loaf makes for the perfect pudding and antidote to any post- vacation blues. If you're feeling fancy, consider adding some currants and/or dried fruit. It makes it even more special- especially around the holidays.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Sticky Toffee Loaf Cake
Makes One Loaf Cake
Compliant for: AIP, Paleo, Vegan
Time: 35 minutes
For the sponge:
2 cups tigernut flour
2/3 cup arrowroot, cassava, or tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw honey or manuka honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or unbleached parchment paper.
2) Mix all of your dry ingredients together.
3) In a separate bowl or food mixer, mix your wet ingredients together.
4) Add the wet to the dry and stir until no lumps remain and mixture is smooth.
5) Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and smooth over.
6) Mix your topping ingredients together and spread over the top of the loaf pan. Bake your sticky toffee loaf for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7) Let cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container or in the fridge.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.