Strawberry & Coconut Cream Tart
Simple and Healthy Coconut Cream Tart with Fresh Strawberries. Dairy and Gluten Free, Paleo and Keto friendly.
I hope you are all having a lovely holiday weekend! We certainly are. It's really felt like Summer here this weekend. The weather is finally warm and Max and I spent the day at the beach swimming in the sea and soaking up a little too much sun. That being said, if any of you have any toxin-free after sun recipes that really work, I'd hugely appreciate them right about now.
It isn't a holiday weekend without a holiday dessert to accompany it so I made a simple, yet deliciously fresh cream tart this Memorial Day weekend. It turned out amazing- I know it will be on our meal plan rotation these next few months.
The crust is the exact same recipe as my pie, cheesecake and other tarts, but I've recently discovered my love for Swerve as the sweetener so it's the primary feature. Feel free to use your favorite sweetener in here, the recipe should adapt nicely to your selection. The crust is pressed into the tart pan and baked until golden brown. The edges will get crunchy and sweet, while the inside stays nice and chewy. Whip up some fluffy, creamy coconut, top with fresh strawberries and voila- a healthy & light sweet treat to serve at your holiday party.
Strawberry Cream Tart
For the crust:
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons raw honey
1/4 cup sweetener of choice (we used Swerve)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, butter or ghee
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the cream filling:
the cream from 1 can organic coconut milk (refrigerated)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sweetener of choice
For the topping:
1/2 cup fresh organic strawberries, halved
- Start by making the tart crust. Place all the wet ingredients into a food processor and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and process until you get a nicely formed ball.
- Remove the dough from the processor and place into a lightly greased tart pan with a removal bottom.
- Press the dough into the bottom and sides of the pan, ensuring it is even.
- Bake at 300F for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- Make your coconut cream filling by adding all ingredients into a food mixer and beating for 3-5 minutes until whipped and creamy.
- Transfer coconut cream mixture into the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- When cream filling has cooled, spread it evenly on the baked crust. Top with sliced strawberries and serve!
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
AIP Plantain Bread
Easy and delicious AIP bread made with plantains. Nut free, egg free, grain free.
AIP Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
Crumbly and buttery shortbread cookies with a hint of lemon and fresh rosemary. AIP, Paleo, Keto, Vegan.