Strawberry Cream Cake Bites
Celebrate the 4th of July with these Paleo & Keto Friendly Strawberry Shortcake Bites.
Happy 4th of July from a loving Brit! Although this is a slightly awkward holiday for me (especially living in Yorktown, VA, I mean out of all the cities in America I could have chosen to live in), I adore this country and will certainly be taking today to celebrate it! Max and I are planning on bringing a little picnic to the beach, enjoying the parade, and of course, watching all the fireworks we can find.
I may not have the experience to know all of the traditions of this popular holiday, but one thing's clear about the 4th of July. Food plays a huge part in the celebration. If you're over on my Facebook page, you will see that I have been sharing several red, white, and blue recipes this week in anticipation of today. Here is one more recipe to add to the collection.
These strawberry cream cake bites are so simple and easy to make, and are the perfect nibble to keep out on your spread today. They likely will turn out lighter for you when you bake them so don't be alarmed, I just used coconut palm sugar in the recipe and slightly overcooked this last batch so in the pictures the shortcake looks rather dark. Pack these little cakes with freshly whipped coconut cream and your favorite berries. So light, fruity, fresh, and scrumptious.
I hope you have a beautiful holiday celebration and that you get to enjoy these little bites as part of your spread! It's never too late to add one last sweet treat to the table!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Strawberry Cream Cakes
3 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
4 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener or sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
pinch of salt
4 large organic eggs
1/2 cup grass-fed butter, Ghee, or coconut oil, melted
1 (14.oz ) can organic coconut cream or the top layer of refrigerated coconut milk (the thick, creamy layer on top)
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 pint organic strawberries, washed, dried, hulled and sliced
fresh mint leaves, washed and chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, or grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside.
3) In a separate, smaller bowl, beat the eggs until mixed. Then whisk in the grass-fed butter or coconut oil.
4) Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until smooth and mixed.
5) As if you were making large cookies, scoop 4 tablespoons of mixture into one large round and place them evenly on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each one. Flatten the tops very gently with the back of a spoon.
6) Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Set aside to cool while you make your whipped coconut cream.
7) Scoop the cold coconut cream into a small bowl. Whip it up with a fork or electric hand whisk for a few seconds until fluffy. Add raw honey and whip again.
8) Slice little cakes in half lengthways, and top with a dollop of whipped coconut cream. Add a few sliced strawberries and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately. Store in the fridge (if there are any left!)
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Almond and Orange Biscotti (Paleo)
Paleo Friendly Almond and Orange Biscotti Coated in a Dark Chocolate Glaze. The Perfect Holiday Treat!
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Paleo)
Grain-free, Paleo Friendly Mexican Wedding Cookies/ Snowballs/ Russian Tea Cakes. Whatever you call them, they're delicious!