Summer Fish Taco Bowls
These Paleo Fish Taco Bowls topped with sweet and tangy mango avo salsa and spicy mayo are the BEST light, flavorful and filling bowls ever.
Good morning #BGW family!
We technically have just over a week left of Summer so I thought I'd squeeze just one or two more light, sunny, and fruity recipes in here before it's officially pumpkin spice season.
Are you guys tired of my bowl recipes yet? I sure hope not because I could eat the layers of flavors and textures all day, everyday, especially these fish taco bowls. Here in Virginia, we have our fair share of fresh fish (thanks to being on the coast) and I often find myself ordering the fish dishes when we're out at fancy restaurants and if they have wild-caught options- it's just so yummy to me.
THE DEETS ON THESE FISH TACO BOWLS
+ Feel free to use any fish here, honestly. I would say that a white flaky fish like the flounder that I used here will work best but there's no problem popping a wild-caught salmon filet on top of this dish.
+ If you are following RESTART or 21DSD, feel free to leave out the mango and just stick with the avo. You could always try chopping a tart green apple and throwing that in to the salsa instead but I can't say I've tried it myself.
+ Looking for cauliflower rice? I buy my organic frozen cauliflower rice at Costco or Trader Joe's.
+ Have some fun with it! The reason I make so many bowl recipes is because they are so adaptable. This is your dinner so make it your own! Fancy some alternate greens? Throw them in! Different sauce? Drizzle it on! The choices are endless.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BELLA GRACE WELLNESS NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE FRESH RECIPES AND TOXIN-FREE LIVING TIPS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #BELLAGRACEWELLNESS for a chance to be featured!
Summer Fish Taco Bowls
Compliant for: Paleo, Gluten + Dairy Free
2 flounder or mahi-mahi filets (wild-caught)
2 tablespoons Ghee, melted
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
rind of one lemon
pinch of sea salt and black pepper
mango and avocado salsa:
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
chipotle mayo (primal kitchen mayo + hot sauce to taste)
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Start by preparing your mango and avocado salsa. Simply combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and place in the fridge.
3) In a small bowl, mix melted ghee, garlic, lemon rind, paprika, and salt and pepper.
4) Place the mahi or flounder filets on a lightly greased baking dish and pour the ghee mixture on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes.
5) While the fish is cooking, prepare the cauliflower rice. Add all cauliflower ingredients to a cast iron skillet and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium- low. Let simmer for around 8 minutes.
6) Spoon the cooked cauliflower rice into bowls. On one half of the cauliflower rice, top with mixed greens. On the other side, add your cooked fish. Finally, top with mango avocado salsa and drizzle your chipotle mayo on top. Serve immediately.
Isabella Grace is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner focusing on toxin-free, natural living to its fullest extent. Her mission is to provide personalized integrative health solutions to create sustainable, lifelong change and enable you to live, love, and serve at your fullest health potential.
Rich and delicious chocolate, caramel and buttered shortbread squares. These Millionaire's Shortbread are Paleo, Vegan and can be Keto friendly!
Sticky Toffee Loaf Cake (AIP)
A deliciously moist toffee studded loaf cake topped with a fabulous caramel coconut glaze. Paleo + AIP friendly. Scrumptious!